Hi and welcome...
you have come to the right place!
Hi, I'm Sara Peternell.
I'm Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition, and an expert in Hashimoto's and thyroid health.
I am also a Reiki Master, and a practitioner of this powerful Japanese technique for managing stress.
Science-based nutrition PLUS spiritual energy balancing is exactly what you need to feel your best.
Choose from the two buttons below if you prefer one-to-one support, or a self-guided program that you can complete at your own pace from the comfort of your home.
I believe that resolving underlying health issues results in a lifetime of vitality, enjoyment, and a new love of eating.
- Sara Peternell, MNT
What does it mean to be Nourished & Renewed?
- How we nourish our body with healthy food supports our foundation.
- How we renew our spirit honors true and lasting healing in our body.
“Diet” is more than what we eat…
- Foods, drinks, drugs, alcohol
- What we put on our skin
- What we use to clean our homes
- Our clothing, textiles in our homes
- Exposure to infection/pathogens
- Being in nature
- The environment where we spend most of our time, such as sitting in the office under florescent lighting in a concrete building
- Relationships and interactions with other humans and pets
- Emotional experiences and connections with others
- Practicing therapy, emotional intake, and release of experiences
- Ideas, and beliefs, and digital input from social media/news
- Affirmations, prayer, religious or mystical practices and modalities
- And so much more
There is no one perfect formula for health
You probably have noticed in your own life that just by “doing everything right,” good health is not automatically achieved. For example, eating salads, exercising, meditating, etc., are all very “good” and can be a part of your total wellness toolbox.
However, if your inner world of emotions, traumas, our relationships, stress levels, connection to a greater power, and in essence, your spirit, are ignored, you are in fact starved well beyond what lacks from nutrition alone.
Everything is interconnected...
All of the above consumables are not separate, nor are they individually unique in their ability to create or heal disease.
None of these consumables work in isolation.
Disease cannot be created or healed by changing or adjusting individual consumables.
That is because our physical body, our vessel, is literally a holding tank for every life experience on the micro level (what we eat for lunch, for example) and on the macro level (ultimately, the life you are destined to live).
I believe that healing both nutritional and spiritual issues go hand in hand. The result is renewed health and vitality, physical ease and enjoyment, and even finding one’s true purpose in life.
- Sara Peternell, MNT
To be Nourished and Renewed is to become whole and healed
- nutrition work to empower you to honor and love yourself with food that nourishes your body
- energy work to inspire you to honor and love yourself with inner work that renews your spirit
Books I've Written
I wrote the forward for The Hashimoto's 4-Week Plan: A Holistic Guide to Treating Hypothyroidism because it took me years of trial and error and in-depth nutrition studies to find my way to better health.
I wish I had had The Hashimoto’s 4-Week Plan when I was first diagnosed. This is the book I recommend to my own clients who come to me seeking nutritional advice for managing their Hashimoto’s.
Ten Spring Inspired Baby Food Recipes is a gorgeous eBook with fresh, original and delicious spring fare just for babies. I co-authored this book, and provide all of the nutritional analysis of recipes and foods.
You will enjoy making the recipes and feeding them to your little one. References about the health of the foods let you know you are on track for supporting baby’s health.
I co-authored Little Foodie: Recipes for Babies and Toddlers with Taste, a best-seller on Amazon and in bookstores. This liberating cookbook is for the newest eater in your family and encourages foodie parents to think beyond the baby food aisle.
You can find over 100 recipes for babies and toddlers, and for the whole family. The book includes detailed nutrition information and step-by-step support for introducing baby’s first foods. All your Q&A about feeding baby - and your family - can be found in one fun, and beautifully photographed cookbook.